Having an unintended pregnancy can be distressing for some people, their partners or whānau. There are free support services if you're worried about your safety.
If you are in immediate danger, call 111 and ask for the police. The police can issue a temporary police safety order. This is for immediate, short-term protection.
If someone has been violent toward you or you feel unsafe, contact any of the following free support services.
- Shine National Helpline. Free call 0508 744 633 - 24/7
- Victim Support. Free call 0800 842 846 - 24/7
- Women’s Refuge. Free call 0800 733 843 - 24/7
- Family Violence Information Line. Free call 0800 456 450 - 9am-11pm daily
- Shakti - for migrant and refugee women. Free call 0800 742 584 - 24/7
- OutLine Aotearoa - for all-ages rainbow community. Free call 0800 688 5463 - 6pm-9pm daily
- Youthline. Free call 0800 376 633 or text 234 - 24/7
Just want to talk to someone?
Find out about other places to get support including free NZ helplines that run day and night.