|Tuesday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
- Early medical abortion - up to 9 weeks
- Early surgical abortion - 7-14 weeks
What do I need to do to have an abortion here?
You can self-refer to this service.
Email your name, date of birth, NHI number (if known), and safe contact details.
What will it cost me?
Cost for New Zealand citizen/resident
Free abortion services to any pregnant person who is eligible for publicly funded healthcare in New Zealand and living in the Hawke's Bay region. There may be prescription fees and costs for ultrasound.
Cost for non-New Zealand resident*
If you are from another district or are not a resident of New Zealand there are charges for our services.
- Early medical abortion from NZ$850 to $1,014
- Early surgical abortion from NZ$1,550 to $1,670
Contact The Terrace Clinic for more information.
*Approximate prices valid at 26 April 2022. Prices are subject to change without notice.
The clinic is in a villa. There are ramps and steps to the front door. There is a wheelchair accessible toilet.
If you have accessibility needs, please let the clinic know ahead of your appointment.
Mobility parking and public transport are close to the service.
Other locations nearby include Villa 6.
There is a female practitioner at this clinic.
Contraception available through this clinic.
- Contraception prescriptions.
- IUD or IUS insertions after a surgical abortion.
- A free contraceptive service may be available after you have had your abortion.
- It may be possible for an implant to be inserted at the same time as the first medication if you are having an early medical abortion.
Abortion decision counselling and pre and post-abortion counselling are required. Counselling is done in person. Post abortion counselling can be provided virtually.
Find an abortion provider
Search to find an abortion provider in your area.
Information you enter will be private and anonymous.