|Monday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
- Early medical abortion - up to 10 weeks
- Early surgical abortion - up to 14 weeks + 2 days
- Later abortion - up to 18 weeks by assessment
What do I need to do to have an abortion here?
You can self-refer to this service.
To be seen or referred to the abortion service at Te Aka Tauawhi Tangata - Women's Clinic, Rotorua Hospital you can do one of the following:
- Call the nurses at Tauawhi (0800 726 447) and the nurse will provide you with information and can arrange your appointments.
- See your GP or nurse and ask for a referral.
- Be seen at Rotovegas Youth Health Rotorua (free for 15-24 year olds) by phoning (07) 343 1013.
- Be seen at Anamata Taupō (07) 376 0098.
- See your school nurse.
- See the nurses at Toi-Ohomai health clinic.
What will it cost?
Cost for New Zealand citizen/resident
Free abortion services for any pregnant person eligible for publicly funded healthcare in New Zealand who lives in the Te Whatu Ora Lakes district. There may be prescription fees and costs for ultrasound.
Cost for non-New Zealand resident*
- Early medical abortion from NZ$2,020
- Early surgical abortion from NZ$2,400
Contact Te Aka Tauawhi Tangata for more information.
*Approximate prices valid at 13 June 2022. Prices are subject to change without notice.
The clinic is located on the ground floor of the Bridgman South Building, Rotorua Hospital. There is a wheelchair ramp or three steps to the entrance door.
The clinic has a wheelchair accessible toilet.
If you have accessibility needs, please let the clinic know ahead of your appointment.
Mobility parking is available near the hospital main entrance, a short distance from the clinic.
Free parking within walking distance of the clinic. There is a bus stop at the hospital.
Translation services are available. Please let the clinic know that you will need translation support.
There are female practitioners at this clinic.
Contraception available through this clinic.
- Contraception prescriptions.
- IUD or IUS devices can be inserted when you have a surgical abortion.
- A Depo Provera injection can be given at the same time as the first medication if you are having an early medical abortion.
- An implant can be inserted at the same time as the first medication if you are having an early medical abortion.
Abortion decision counselling, pre-abortion and post-abortion counselling are available in person.
Find an abortion provider
Search to find an abortion provider in your area.
Information you enter will be private and anonymous.